Foreign businesses looking to do business in Canada
September 27, 2023
Canada is a premier location for investment in business. Canada not only has a wealth of natural resources but also has a stable political climate, a well-educated workforce, a sound financial system and a first-rate infrastructure. Canada is known for supporting innovation in a wide range of sectors via generous research and development incentives. Low corporate tax rates as well as easy access to major US markets make Canada a domicile of choice for businesses looking to gain a foothold in North America.
There are a number of issues which you must consider when contemplating doing business in Canada. Kreston GTA provides the following services for your business:
- International tax structures for subsidiary operations, funding and dividend repatriation
- Implications of doing business in different provinces and varying provincial sales tax rates
- Setting up required tax accounts with CRA including corporate, GST,HST and payroll
- Continuous accounting and bookkeeping services
- Payroll services
- Transfer pricing
- Various annual corporate and other tax compliance filings
For more information, please download our Doing Business in Canada Guide. This document addresses some of the common questions and provides practical information concerning the primary issues which should be considered.